Great Room

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Real REALTORS

I must say that I'm amazed how many times I've been asked why I don't have my picture on my business card or prominently featured in all the print advertising I do.

Quite honestly I really didn't think it was that important, I figured I was selling homes not my head shot. I can think of few other professionals outside of real estate that have their photo so front and centre almost to the point sometimes that it overshadows what they actually do.


I'm not against the idea. I like to be able to visualize who I'm talking to as much as the next person. But when it seems to become the whole focus, well that's where you lose me.


Ellen DeGeneres did a great bit on this topic. I found it quite humorous so I thought I would share it with you (not quite sure about her dancing though).


Have a look here. We all can use a chuckle some days.


**and no, I didn't change up my profile photo to suit this post.

No comments: